BRITISH FLOWER WEEK
12 June 2016
Starting on Monday 13th June it is British Flower Week so expect to see #britishflowerweek trending on social media.
What is British Flower Week?
#britishflowerweek is an annual celebration of seasonal, locally grown flowers and foliage from the UK.
At the moment British flowers are becoming increasingly popular with more and more people deciding to buy British and benefiting from value for money and quality.
Up until the 1970's the only flowers available to us were from Britain. Now most of the flowers we see in our shops have been grown in either Holland, South America or Africa and all routed through the Dutch auctions.
British flower week is bringing back British cut flowers back!
5 Reasons to buy British flowers:
- Super Fresh!! British flowers have traveled less miles and reach the shops much faster than through the auctions.
- British flowers show the best of the seasons naturally. This means they will look great and at their best.
- Many of our British flowers have a lovely scent, something you don't get much of with commercially grown flowers.
- Supporting British! More and more people are choosing to buy British and support their local businesses.
- Value for money. Seasonal produce means the price is lower and the quality is higher.
Don't forget you can buy your locally grown, British flowers on our website throughout the summer, keep looking on our online shop to see new varieties coming in.
TO CELEBRATE BRITISH FLOWER WEEK YOU CAN RECEIVE 20% OFF ON OUR ONLINE SHOP WHEN ENTERING britishflowerweek AT THE CHECKOUT. Offer ends on the 27th June